Incubator rental in Olympia WA area?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by n8ivetxn, Aug 30, 2016.

1. n8ivetxn

n8ivetxn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    Elma, Washington
    Hey Y'all,

I would like to purchase some Araucana hatching eggs from a breeder, but I don't really need an incubator (wrap your head around that, LOL!), long term, that is.....

I'd be willing to swap a percentage of hatched chicks, if you're interested, or I can pay you a small cash fee for your troubles.... I'll drop off the eggs and come pick up the chicks.... Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for considering!

~ Rita

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Why not wait until a hen goes broody for you, and allow her to do the job. Just an idea. [​IMG]

3. n8ivetxn

Nov 15, 2011
    Elma, Washington
    Two problems, I don't have any hens (yet [​IMG]), and the person I'm getting eggs from is trying to sell his hatchery and retire, so I may not have this opportunity next season..... I'm glad I found him when I did!

In the past I always used a good broody, but last year I had to re-home my flock of Salmon Favs due a hawk making regular visits. So, now I think it's safe to have some more yard art, maybe! I wanted Araucanas in the past, but just could not locate any...

If I have to, I guess I'll break down and buy one...[​IMG]

4. jennak242

jennak242 Just Hatched

Jun 9, 2016
    The feed bin in Rochester, wa will hatch your eggs but I can't remember how much per egg it is they are on fb or can call them (360) 273-7440 hope this helps there is also a pages on fb that are poultry just gotta search for them you might find someone who can do it for you

5. jennak242

jennak242 Just Hatched

Jun 9, 2016
  6. n8ivetxn

Nov 15, 2011
    Elma, Washington
    Thank you for the lead, I just drove past the Feed Bin a few days ago! I'll give them a call ...... Americaunas are a different breed, the birds I want, Araucana, are rumpless and have feather tufts that stick straight out from their ears! Some of them have beards, but others do not, however, they are blue egg layers and they were used in the development of our Americaunas,

I've been watching youtube videos today and I'm seriously thinking about building a unit for myself - heck, I'm an aircraft mechanic, surely I can put together a little egg hatcher! [​IMG]

Thanks again!

7. jennak242

jennak242 Just Hatched

Jun 9, 2016
    Oh my bad I read that wrong, haha lack of sleep got me on that one, building a unit would be awesome, think the hardest part would be making sure the humidity and temperature stay stable, I've seen people make ones out of styrofoam coolers not sure how the rates where but only cost $20 to make, pretty cool stuff, anyways good luck to you :)

8. n8ivetxn

Nov 15, 2011
    Elma, Washington
    LOL, I've done that too!

I finished building a bator - it wasn't too difficult, now I'm monitoring the temp and humidity for a few days...so far so good! My eggs are supposed to arrive Tuesday, I sort of wish they'd waited to ship them until after the long weekend, but maybe they'll be ok....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by