Incubator stench...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shuizar209, Jan 31, 2011.

1. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    UGH!!! I cant stand it. Does anyone else hate the smell of a "just hatched" bator? [​IMG] After every hatch I take mine right outside to be cleaned ASAP!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. soap&eggs

soap&eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    yep same here, but you anint smelled nothin' til you smelled an exploding egg...!!!! .gag

3. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL... I've already mixed my bleach water, and got the scrubber next to the guest tub.. I still have eggs in mine.. hatching as I type.

4. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    yeah that smell is aweful. It is the baby poo that chickies do before they zip out. [​IMG]

5. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    OMG THEY SMELL!!!!!!!!!...

this is my first time incubating... and if it's gonna stink up my room, i'm gonna throw this thing in the chicken coop...

LOL...

6. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

It will smell pretty gross BUT, there is nothing like being sound asleep, then waking to the teeny tiny peeping of a chick still in the egg or newly hatched. My kids and I having woken in the middle of the night to see what is going on inside the bator. A wonderful experience!

7. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    I know exactly what you mean- I tried a dab of pine sol when cleaning ours and it helps out a bit. clorox too...

8. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I clean mine out really good with hot water and a little dish detergent or sometimes bleach water. Then I dry it out and spray some Lysol in there and let that air dry. Takes the odor right out.

9. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    would vinegar work for the stench...? i hate working with bleach...

10. nwfl

nwfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Northwest Florida
    Baking soda! Sprinkle, wipe, rinse. Mine goes outside until I sic myself into cleaning it. Like pinesol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by