Incubator temp...need help

Animallover1992

Hatching
Apr 28, 2021
Ok so I am on the 18th day until my little ones hatch, and right now it is hot outside and also hot inside my house 90° to be exact, I am trying to cool my house down but meanwhile my incubator is running at 100° humidity is at 75%, and I lockdown the incubator so I don't wanna open it up to risk the eggs...how can I get the temp to drop I have a fan blowing on it one of those arctic ones that blow out cold air, the incubator is fan air. I'm just really nervous about the temp being to high and I don't wanna lose the babies. :( please help me out with any advice.

I don’t worry until my incubator gets over 101F. 100 is only .5 degrees higher than it “should” be. Some people actually incubate at 100F. With still air incubators, which you said yours isn’t, the temp is actually higher. I would keep the fan going so the incubator doesn’t heat up any more. Is there a way to isolate your incubator and the fan? Maybe put a box with some holes over it so the fan has less air to cool and circulate.

I don’t worry until my incubator gets over 101F. 100 is only .5 degrees higher than it “should” be. Some people actually incubate at 100F. With still air incubators, which you said yours isn’t, the temp is actually higher. I would keep the fan going so the incubator doesn’t heat up any more. Is there a way to isolate your incubator and the fan? Maybe put a box with some holes over it so the fan has less air to cool and circulate.
Right now I have one chick pipping it's day 20 noticed it at like 3pm today, doesn't seem to be making alot of progress but I've read it can take up to 12-24 hours for one egg to hatch completely. My temp is 99 and humidity is at 76 is that to high or is it ok?

The chick hatched early this am between 1-6:30am, the chick is doing great. I have another one pipping now. Can't wait I am excited and nervous at the same time I want them all to be ok this is my first time incubating eggs. So I am truly hoping for a good batch.

That should be okay as long as the egg lost the right amount of water before lockdown. But I’ve had my incubator get up to 80 before and everything be fine.
I just wanted to say thank you for all of your help 🙏 all of them hatched, and they are all doing very well, the last one is a small one with like a small afro on his/her head.

Attachments

• 20210510_100813.jpg
    20210510_100813.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210510_121425.jpg
    20210510_121425.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 1
So cute! I’m so happy you had a good hatch. The one with the afro looks like it might be a silkie bantam. The afro is actually a vaulted skull. The feathers that grow on top are called a crest. I have a silkie named Poof because her crest was huge when she hatched.

This is poof at about 7 weeks
FAB0C2AC-A9F3-4739-A7BE-1A9D35D80BC3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom