Incubator temp

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chic_a_lay, Mar 14, 2017.

1. chic_a_lay

chic_a_lay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2011
    Now that I removed the egg turner my eggs are lower/further from the heat as is my thermometer. The temperature is reading alot lower. It is set on the wire above the water tray. Do I need to adjust my thermostat? Or move the thermometer? I actually have 3. The incubator one is always low so I depend on the bulb one that also came in the kit. And I have another on the viewing glass. It says what it always reads/no noticeable difference. What do you think? 3 hours since the last candle, and turner removal, now on lockdown. Just wondering about the temperature difference I noticed.

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Is your incubator forced air? Or still air?

3. chic_a_lay

Dec 12, 2011
    It has a fan.

4. eggbert420

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    What's the temperature?

5. chic_a_lay

Dec 12, 2011
    The cheap bulb that came with is @98. Its on the wire with the bottoms of the eggs. The dial on the incubator is @98. The $6 plastic thermometer is @95. Its at the top near the heater tube on the glass. It just seemed like it took a long time to get back up to temp when I took the turner out. It only took about 8 minutes to do it. Take em out. Take it out. Candle and replace. I did put the lid on between removing and replacing everything as I had to grab some water. Anyway. It was @78 when I closed it up. And when I posted this had only gone up to @94. Maybe 45 minutes to an hour. Then I bumped the Knob and now average @99. I'm so nervous. I hope I didn't chill them it's day 18. What do u think?

6. chic_a_lay

Dec 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. robdog

robdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Your fine. Chill them means 50 degrees off outside temp for more than 30+ minutes. You should be fine and even then just experience the hatch to take longer.

8. eggbert420

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    I argree it will be fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by