Incubator Temp?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bigredfeather, Jan 7, 2009.

1. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    I am on day 10 of my first attempt to incubate eggs. I have had a tough time keeping the temp steady in my LG 9200 still air. The temp has ranged from as low as 94* up to 103*. I finally have it holding steady between 99.5* and 101. Is this unsteady temp going to have an impact on my hatch?

2. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Ya i know i have tried to get my temp right and it keeps going from 99-102. i dont have eggs in it, but i just cant seen to get it right. This is day 3 that i have been trying to get it right. I am just tring to get the temp right before i put anything in it.

3. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Do you have a fan installed ? I find it is easier to hold temp when i added a fan.
    My temps went from 100 to 101 and stayed there the whole time. I did run it 3 days to get it right. Once your eggs get warmed up you might need to adjust slightly as they will produce there own heat.
    If you do not have a full bator it helps to fill 16 once pop bottles with water and lay in bator to take up some of the mass. It will help keep temp steady as well.

Happy hatching ! [​IMG]

I have 7 babies that hatched out of 11 eggs on Dec 26th. It is stressful but fun. Enjoy your hatch and don't get to stressed as then you will make to many adjustments. [​IMG]

4. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    No fan. I will have one before I do this again.

5. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Quote:I love the pop bottle idea!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by