1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubator temperature after hatching (1st 24hrs) - HELP Pls!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KrisLW, Jan 28, 2012.

1. KrisLW

KrisLW Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hi i've just had 3 chicks hatch in the Rcom Mini. Most advice is to keep them in the 'bator for 24hrs before transfering to brooder. There are no more eggs to hatch. Should I lower the temperature of the incubator now that they've hatched? It's still going at 37.5 deg C. Just wondering whether this incubation temperature is too hot for them as newly hatched chicks? The Rcom Mini is very small....so it's a confined space for 3 chicks at 37deg forced air.

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks.

KrisLW

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    If your brooder is set up, go ahead and put them in there. They will be just fine.

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I agree, if the eggs are done hatching, then move them to the brooder.

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    X3

5. LuisaD

LuisaD Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    With all my chicks that hatched, I only left the first 1 in the incubator for 24 hours because he had to be helped in the hatching process... I have taken all of my chicks out between 4-8 hours after I saw they hatched, and haven't lost any by doing that! I agree with the other 2 posts, they will be fine in the brooder :)

6. KrisLW

KrisLW Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for all your advice! I have put them in the brooder and they seem happy in there :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by