1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubator Tips

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KylieMarie, Apr 9, 2016.

1. KylieMarie

KylieMarie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2016
    Shreve Ohio
    In the next week I will be getting a HovaBator Incubator and will be trying to hatch out several Old English Game Bird and Polish Chicks before I have to get rid of my older birds. This will be my first time every trying to hatch chicks using an incubator, I've hatched out around 15 chicks using broody hens. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for hatching out chicks with an incubator? Thanks!

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Biggest tip: Make sure that all your thermometers and hygrometers have been checked and are accurate. Don't trust the incubator's temps until checked against an accurate thermometer. (Hovabators are good incubators.)

Use the air cells to guide you for your humidity. http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

3. Tabasco Jack

Tabasco Jack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2013
    Draketown, GA
  4. KylieMarie

KylieMarie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2016
    Shreve Ohio
    Thank you all for all of the information and help that everyone gave me. Today I will be setting two Buff Polish chickens and 7 Crele Old English Game Bird eggs. I'm really hoping that this turns out for me.Wish me luck!

5. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    [​IMG] Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by