1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubator too hot

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Robbie, May 8, 2008.

1. Robbie

Robbie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2007
    I just put hatching eggs in my incubator yesterday. I had everything set perfectly at 99.5 degrees. Then, without me knowing it, the little brother of my son's friend turned up the temp on the incubator. This would have been around 8:30 last night. I didn't notice it until this morning around 6 a.m. The temp was 106. Are my eggs ruined?

2. poulet

poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    unforteunatly too hot is not good , how many days are they ? you could wait a bit and candle them to see
    [​IMG] sorry

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I would leave them in for now.Then in 7 to 10 days candle and see if any are growing. Good Luck

4. Robbie

Robbie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2007
    Quote:I only put them in the incubator yesterday around 6:30 p.m. I guess it's just a wait and see game. I thought someone else might have gone through something similar.

5. gandybugs

gandybugs Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2011
    Ferndale, WA
    so i am just curious to see what happened with your chicks... this happened to me, it got hot for maybe a couple hours, (within the first 6 hrs being in incubator) then i got it cooled and regulated at 99.5-100...

6. llbryant3

llbryant3 New Egg

Apr 25, 2012
    I'd like to know how this worked out for either of you. The same thing happened to me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by