Incubator unplugged

Discussion in 'Quail' started by berryquail, Aug 21, 2014.

1. berryquail

berryquail New Egg

Aug 6, 2014
    Somehow on day ten my incubator got unplugged. And I do know that it was on late that evening but when I woke up the next morning I noticed the temp was down to about 82°. I got it all back on and hoped for the best. Day 14 candled all the eggs and they was dark. Good sign I thought... All my eggs have always hatched on day 17. I am now on day 19 and none have hatched yet. Could that temp. drop cause them to hatch late or do you think they wont?. Or just being impatient???

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

I just had some VERY late hatch quail.

Wait until day 21 just to be sure. Colder temps can dramatically slow down the incubation.

Can you hear anything in the eggs?

The blasted things are so small, I can only tell clear and not-clear. [​IMG]

3. berryquail

berryquail New Egg

Aug 6, 2014
    I did this morning see a few about six differnt eggs rocking. So there is life still just as long as they can break through. Cant tell if they have made any progress. I cant see through the glass very well. And I haven't opened it afraid to cause more damage. Thanks Alaskan I will definitely give it 21 days.

4. berryquail

berryquail New Egg

Aug 6, 2014
    They started to hatch about an hour ago. And I just looked again and there is already about 20 or more. So I guess if something like this happens to anyone else as I was told dont give up. Man there is nothing like watching an egg hatch.

5. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

[​IMG] I am so happy that they hatched for you, and I sure am glad you didn't chunk them! [​IMG]

6. berryquail

berryquail New Egg

Aug 6, 2014
    Me too. I learned something new for me though and that is patience. .... lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by