Incubator woe's

Discussion in 'Quail' started by LeaLandHouse, Aug 27, 2013.

1. LeaLandHouse

LeaLandHouse Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2013
    North Bay, Ont
    We're having some issues with our homemade incubator...and our hatch rate is terrible...what a waste of good eggs...we turn 3-4 times perday..but with temperature flux's even that 2 degrees we feel is ruining things...We live in North Bay Ont and woul like to know if you could recommend a good line of incubator or know of someone close by that could sell us a used one...

2. VickieB57

VickieB57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    After doing some research I decided to get a Genesis Hovabator. It seems to hold its temperature pretty well. I've got my first batch of eggs in it now.

3. LeaLandHouse

LeaLandHouse Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2013
    North Bay, Ont
    We're having problems finding them here in North Bay Ont...where did you buy yours from...and if you bought it new what kinda price are we looking at...

4. silver-quail

silver-quail Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2013
    B.c.
    Buy a brinsea u won't beat it

5. silver-quail

Jun 20, 2013
    B.c.
    Brinsea has a website that's where I got mine and I have great hatches with it going to buy another for myself for Christmas :)

6. Nichrome

Nichrome Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2013
    I bought an R-com Suro because it is cheaper than a Brinsea...and now I know I did a mistake. Get a Brinsea.

7. Reedgirl20

Reedgirl20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2012
    Eagle point, Oregon
    I also love brinsea, I have the Eco20 and an advanced20. My parents have the advanced20 as well. Great hatches with minimal work.

8. silver-quail

Jun 20, 2013
    B.c.
    And I bet u notice with ur brinsea there isn't any temp fluctuation

9. VickieB57

VickieB57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    I bought my Genesis Hovabator from Amazon. I can't tell you yet what kind of hatch rate I'll have with it (my first batch is not due to hatch until next Sunday), but I had read a lot of good reviews on it, not only on Amazon but here as well. I'm sure Brinsea is a good incubator too, but when I was checking the name that kept coming up for me was the Genesis Hovabator.

The Genesis can hold 42 large eggs, or 120 small quail eggs. I paid apr. $140 for the incubator and an additional $50 for the egg turner (which came with quail racks). So in total it came to apr. $200.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  10. silver-quail

Jun 20, 2013
    B.c.
    Nice 200 bucks that's pretty decent

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by