Incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mylilchix, Mar 3, 2009.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

How do you incubate eggs in a bator w/o the turner? I've found a great deal on one w/o the turner. I will probably buy one in the future, but would like to try it w/o before I do.

Thanks,
    Sonja

2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    You just turn them 3 or 4 times a day by hand......

3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    With out the turner you just have to hand turn the eggs every day, some people say 3 times cause aperntly odd numbers are best I guess. so you just lay them in the bator on there sides with an X on one side and O other so you know if you turned htem or not and 3 x a day you just open the bator and turn them .

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    There's a guy on Craigs selling a new in the box Brower Tophatch for $100 if that interests you....

5. mylilchix

I was thinking of getting touch with him about. I've called about the Little Giant for $30. I might start cheap and work my way up.

Sonja

6. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    I've been comparing prices on the 1588 for a while, and just found a site that is about $25 less than anywhere else, including the turner. Check out Cuttlersupply.com. I just ordered from them, so can't yet say how their service is, but it's the best price I've found.
    Total, inclucing shipping and insurance was $175. All other sites were around $200.

7. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I think between the two, tophatch or LG, I'd go for the tophatch but I've never used an LG so this might be a good deal for $30. I haven't seen that ad yet. I'm saving to get the 1588 from Cutlers.

eta: I missed that ad way back, I'm surprised it's still available if it is. I think the Farm stors like the Merchantile in Brighton has those new for something like $60. If you get it let me know how it works.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  8. mylilchix

I've emailed about the Tophatch, and called about the LG. Aimee, has addicted me further with her birds, now I'd like to start hatching my own!! I think I need a support group for chicken addiction. [​IMG]

Sonja

9. coloradochick

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    You do have a support group, myself, Aimee, Wendy, and everyone else here in CO [​IMG]

10. mylilchix

Thank you!! Hi my name is Sonja, and I'm addicted to chickens. They're in my yard, they're in my living room, they're in my dining room, and I keep buying more. I drag my husband and children around on weekends to look for suitable building for chickens. During week nights I make him take his tractor to level out land so I can build more coops and runs. Now I want to start hatching my own! Help!! [​IMG]

Sonja

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by