1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Yard full o' rocks, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    I just received my new incubator, a Hovabator Genesis 1588. My wife (who must be obeyed) does not want the incubator in the house. I do have a finished basement, but since we don't use it as often, I maintain the temperature there at 68 degrees. Is that temperature ok for me to place my incubator in? Thanks in advance. Scott

2. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    The directions that came with your incubator should say what temps are okay.

3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Yes as long as it isnt drafty and as long as the temp dosnt flucate more then a few degrees it should be fine to keep it in . My instuctions with my LG came with room temp guidlines did youre genisis?

4. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Well....shame on me. Yes it did....said 62 to 78 degrees. Guess I should read all the directions before asking silly questions. Sorry....but thanks!!!

5. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    Why doesn't your wife want it in the house? I have mine in the bedroom so I can check on it when I get up to pee! ha ha [​IMG]

6. emit

emit Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2009
    Charleston WV
    mine is in the bedroom also?

7. CA Bean

CA Bean Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:OMG, I couldn't keep mine in the bedroom..that fan noise is pretty annoying.. I have it out here in the kitchen/computer area and it is humming away now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by