Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silverbeartx, Feb 1, 2011.

1. silverbeartx

silverbeartx Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2011
    Texas
    I am new to this site, I raise Seramas , and am looking for a reliable , incubator and dont want to pay a fortune for it any ideas?

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I have a homemade incubator so I can't say about the store bought but I'm sure somebody does. bump!

3. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    how much are you willing to expend?

also
    how often do you plan to hatch?

do you like to get an used incubator?

try
    www.craiglist.com

look for your state and city

4. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Can you define "a fortune?"

Do you want new or used?

5. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Well first question is how many serama's do you plan on hatching at one time.. Do you work weird hours?

If you are going to only set clutches less than a dozen, The Brinsea Mini line would be great!! it starts around 60 bucks.. Brinsea also makes the Octagon 20 series that holds 24 standard hen eggs, but with seramas you can get more.

The Hova-Bator is another good one to look at.. The 1588 is a good all around incubator holds 42 standard eggs with the turner.. The 1602n is another good one, and with the turner you can get it for less than 100 bucks on ebay.

6. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    Craigslist is the best place to start. I have picked them up from ten bucks to $550 for a brand new 1502 digital sportsman and a 1536 ostrich bator

7. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    if you work "weird" hours, i suggest you buy an egg turner or an incubator with an egg turner... also some sort of high end temperature controller... you can get a used hovabator with fan and turner if you're lucky for 60-100 bucks on craiglsist, and buy a good temp controller for 50 bucks or so... and you'll have a reliable incubator, and all you'll need to stress over is humidity...

8. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh and [​IMG] From West Monroe!

9. allcrackedup

allcrackedup Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    capitola
    how many do you plan on hatching at a time...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by