Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickens & dogs, Jul 25, 2011.

1. chickens & dogs

chickens & dogs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    What kind of incubator should i get?This will be my first one.

2. okiedrifter

okiedrifter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    depends on what you want it for....get the best you can afford....if you are wanting to just incubate a dozen or so at a time then look at small ones if you are wanting to go big time look at cabinet ones...I love my cabinet incubator my Daddy bought it for my kids 20 years ago and it still runs great...so great last year we bought another one off craigs list....for 250 dollars it holds 15 dozen eggs......decide how many eggs you wanna do then ask what kind of incubator....remember it more addicting than drugs waiting to hear those little peeps..... [​IMG]

3. chickens & dogs

chickens & dogs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    Thanks for the help.I had one chicken that was broody and set on my eggs i hatched out 4 of them.Now i have another on doing the same lol,But like you said its like a drug i want to do more now LOL....Do you know if a chicken that is broody will be the same way next year?Im new to this i never had one set before now i have to..

4. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    If you are new, I would suggest one of the Brinsea incubators or a hovabator, really depends on how much money you have to spend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by