Incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by leggomyegg0, Aug 21, 2011.

1. leggomyegg0

leggomyegg0 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2011
    Robbins
    I currently have the standard styrofoam incubator which I am quickly realizing I am outgrowing... I have looked on ebay and either the incubators are really cheap or really expensive with nothing in between. Can anyone recommend a good incubator, I'd like to hatch about 200 at a time, would like it to have a hatching tray if possible. I'm not "handy", and I don't have much time, so making my own isn't really an option. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Claudette

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Google "Dickey Incubators"

If you want to incubate 200 at a time, you'll have to pay the price.

3. ronniewayne

ronniewayne Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    QUEEN CITY,CASS COUNTY
    I dont know what your budget is ..i found a used GQF sportsman for $350 on american classified . works well and ready to go..it will hatch 270 with the turners and has a hatching tray..it is really more than i need at the moment but everything i have read says it is a great incubator...good luck in your search.. have a great day !

4. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Craig's lists has a growing number of incubators for sale.

I know one person that uses multiple LG's. Most are incubators, one is the hatcher. about 42-50eggs fit in an LG.

5. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I don't know if their cabinet models are as good as their smaller bators, but Brinsea's Ova-Easys look pretty good. They will be expensive new but you might get a good one second hand for a lot less...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by