Incubator

caja1871

Hatching
Apr 25, 2015
I have 30 eggs in a Still air Incubator,for the past day. I am having problems with the Humidity. Temp is perfect,but the Humidity is at 90%. I have water in the well. Do I need to take some of the water out,or add more. I'm new at this.Any advise would be great.

welcome-byc.gif
Does your unit have vent plugs? If so try removing the vent plugs then try reducing the water in the 'well'.

There is a couple of vents,I'll see if I can get the plug things out.
Thanks for the advice

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

90% humidity is too high, so I would try to take some of the water in the well out, and/or open some vents.

Thanks for everyone's help. Took the plugs out and removed some water,so we will see where we are at in an hour or so.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I've never hatched before, so I'm no help there. But I wish you luck with yours.

Thanks,I am all new to this too. I am learning as I go along. My three wee boys are excited to get into the chicken world.We have 18 Silkie eggs,and 12 Americana eggs,so hoping for a few chicks out of this. I just checked our Incubator an the humidity is now down to 50%. I have read that that should be perfect now. Thanks again for everyone's help
D.gif

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Great to hear you have your humidity down now. Have you checked out hatching eggs 101? It's a great article with all the info you need on incubating. It's my bible I always turn to for answers. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101 It's a great read.

Good luck with your hatch and enjoy BYC :frow

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom