incubators, want to try and incubate some turkey eggs

turkey crazy

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
want to know what is the top of the line turkey incubator? nothing big maybe up to dozen , any info would be great. one that turns itself and temp to.

The hovabator 1588 (digital model) or the 1583 (wafer thermo model) are both excellent small incubators. They will hold up to 41 or 42 turkey, chicken, or duck eggs, or up to 120 quail eggs with the quail turner racks. Both are forced-air models. My 1583 with the auto turner (quail and universal racks) was about $150 shipped. Best $150 I have ever spent. I like it so much that I will be getting rid of my LG and buying another hovabator, as soon as I have the $$ saved up
big_smile.png

Yes I would go with the Hovabator, if you are just hatching small hatches.

Stay away from the cheapy models, they have not great success with turkey eggs, spend the money and you'll be happy you did.

We use GQF cabinets and they are great, but cost a fortune.

I like my Browers Top Hatch.
The pie shaped rack will hold 5 in each slot or 40 total... You flip it over for the taller eggs like goose, duck and turkey....
Holds temp. steady as long as you wrap the tub in bubble wrap..
Can go a few days between adding water so less opening of bator. I also put a wet sponge in the last few days....

edited to say that I have 34 out of 40 turkey eggs developing and due to hatch on the 12th...

Only drawback is the crank for turner can get noisy especially when the incubator is full..

Also the flickering light might get annoying to some!

Last edited:
I love, love, love my Hova Bator 1588! I've had to try an LG and I mourned the loss of my 1588 until I got it back up and running. With the poor results I got from the LG, I will never hatch in anything other than a Hova again.

Back
Top Bottom