Incubators...what type

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Can anyone tell me a good brand of incubator to buy...were looking at cheaper but good enough so that it works well and the babies are not dying off on us! Haha I have not even touched a chicken but here I am talking about hatching eggs already! I guess I AM hooked! You all just seem to make it look so easy and FUN [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Get a hova-bator Genesis 1588. I've got 2 of them. You won't regret it. It's got an electronic thermostat so it make the temps easier to keep steady.

3. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    I agree with Katy! Hovabator Genesis 1588, seems like the easiest one to use [​IMG] I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, I can't wait! [​IMG]

4. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    1588!

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    1583s.......I have no problems keeping my temps and humidity!

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Had to go against the flow didn't ya!! [​IMG]

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
  8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:Had to go against the flow didn't ya!! [​IMG]

LOL Now Katy you know I did!!.. I learned my incubators from an good ol BYC person who knows what she is doing!!! [​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Just had to give you trouble! [​IMG]

10. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    If u can figure out electrical wiring, make your own. I didnt want electricuted so I got the Little Giant. It was the only kind our feed store carried. It was like 30$. I am putting the eggs in tomorrow. This is myfirst. I heard alot of bad reviews on here, but then a new post came w people having 100% hatches in em too. Just make due with what u can. There's also a topic about people in the 50s usin crock pots and slow cookers. i figure if a crock pot can do it then so can I. I'll just have to moniter more closely than if I had an expensive one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by