InCuBaToRs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ~Kuromametchi~, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ~Kuromametchi~

~Kuromametchi~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Reno, NV
    How much do incubators cost and where i can i buy them? i have a male goose and a female goose and i have a few of there eggs but to hatch i need an incubator.

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Tractor Supply, local feed stores, Ebay are all good place to look. You can get a styrofoam bator for around $40 w/o a turner, turners are around $40 too. You can usually search on ebay and find several and get an idea what they are gonna cost you.

3. ~Kuromametchi~

Apr 14, 2009
    Reno, NV
    ok those are all too expensive and i just need to know a CHEAP way of making anything like a ghetto (lol) bator

4. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    I picked up mine on craigslist.

M

5. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
  6. ~Kuromametchi~

Apr 14, 2009
    Reno, NV
    thanx do u think if i take 4 light bulbs and put them close together hanging from the ceiling reaching into a rubbermaid container close to the eggs and putting holes around the sides. would that work?

7. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Im not really sure that would work. I do belive the homemade bators on the link I gave you has some you can build for around $20. You can probaly modify a few of them to the easiest way for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by