1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

incubators

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Colored Egg Farmer, May 9, 2008.

1. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

I found a bunch of old incubators in our old hatchery. About 7-8 of them I will post some pics. I was just wondering if anyone knows about old incubators. (they look like antiques wooden and i think a castiron)

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Are these tabletop or cabinate type?
    Brower made a round tabletop metal one, and they still have the user manual on their website.

3. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    If these are the redwoods, then you have incubators that are better then anything on the market today.

A couple of the manufacturers were Leahy, sears, Humidaire

Matt

4. Colored Egg Farmer

I'll post a picture and i think i might have foudn a manual.

There large cabinate.

5. Colored Egg Farmer

I got some picks but my camera made its way about 100 miles away. so have to wait but. i found an old manual that said printed in the 1940's

6. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I cant wait to see pics of them. I have a couple of old wooden ones, a table top and one that is on legs, they are out in the garage. The bator Im using now is an old red wooden cabinet one that I got at a yard sale for 60.00. I was told it is an older sportsman. I had a turner put in it last year, so the trays that was in it dont fit now. I had to make new trays that fit. .....................

7. Colored Egg Farmer

These ones are a bit bigger. 7 of them are all contected i beleve. There about 25-50 feet long. and 2 of them which are just i think brooders are on the other side. I was even able to get one of them open. (nothing came running out)

8. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Louisiana
    Last edited: May 11, 2008
  9. Colored Egg Farmer

has anyone hard of chick master or bundy incubators?

10. Colored Egg Farmer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by