Incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by katie1500, Jul 30, 2013.

1. katie1500

katie1500 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Franklin, TN
    Okay so I am stepping up and getting a bigger bator! I used to have a small flock so I had a small fully auto one. Now I am looking for something that can hold 40+ eggs. What is everyone's opinions of the incubators they have used? I MUST have an auto turner and one that is reliable with temp, as I attend classes most of the day so as much as I'd like to stare at eggs incubating, I can't:(
    Anyone care to dish in their two cents on a good reliable bator?

Thanks!

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

a hovabator 1588 with turner will meet your needs

pretty much set and forget.

3. 3 NH reds

3 NH reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2011
    Western Mass
    I would say the Hovabator Genesis. It holds the heat perfectly with no adjustment and the egg turner does the job. I think 40 is the max number of eggs.

4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

1588 is the genesis

turner holds 41 so it more than meets needs lol

5. katie1500

Aug 5, 2009
    Franklin, TN
    Yeah I have seen it has gotten pretty good reviews for the most part. I'm just concerned since its styrofoam it would fluctuate since I've seen those tend to do that.

6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

if your room is fairly stable with no sudden swings its not an issue - it will adjust itself

7. katie1500

Aug 5, 2009
    Franklin, TN
    Okay thanks all. I'm pretty much sold on it, unless I start questioning it again haha

Anyone remember where they bought theirs from? I want to get it from a reliable seller

8. DHinton

DHinton Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/incubator.php

is there a downside to the exo terra incubator? i didn't want to start a new thread for it. looks like it heats and cools. for turning, could you just set something under a bucket that is on a shelf, and just manually swap it to the other side?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by