Incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BridgetBarger, Feb 2, 2014.

1. BridgetBarger

BridgetBarger Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2013
    SE Kansas
    I am wanting to starting hatching my own eggs, just for myself. Any suggestion on incubators?

2. dickhorstman

dickhorstman Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Dec 8, 2009
    burgettstown,pa
    GQF

3. Corny Caleb

Corny Caleb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2014
    NJ
    I got the Brinsea eco 20, and love it. look up Brinsea incubators. You can just scroll too the bottom of your page too see them.

4. Chicken-Farmer

Chicken-Farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2012
    I second Brinsea. I purchased my Octagon 20 almost 11 years ago and have hatched many many chicks with it. Mine is nothing fancy, no digital displays with buttons, but it's always solid as a rock on temps. Easy to clean, easy to store between hatches.
    That being said I just purchased a GQF Sportsman and will be trying my hand with larger hatches. Haven't received the new incubator yet, but they seem to be the gold standard of cabinet incubators.

Chicken-Farmer

5. austindon

austindon Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2013
    We have a Brinsea Mini, holds 7 eggs. We love it. We have hatched 2 in the first round that we put in. Very easy to use.

6. Avlana

Avlana Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I'd look into Brinsea incubators. I love mine. They have a quite of selection and you can pick one that best suit your needs or budget. Rcom makes excellent incubators as well but they are a bit pricey.

7. BridgetBarger

BridgetBarger Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2013
    SE Kansas
    I went with the Brinsea mini advanced, and we just set our first eggs. Wish us luck.

8. D101

D101 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2014
    I have a fan circulated Farm Innovators pro series model 4200 and it seems to work really well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by