1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"Incuview" Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MargaretAnneHK, Jan 19, 2017.

1. MargaretAnneHK

MargaretAnneHK Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    Hi all, I bought one of these to use in the spring and wondered what has been other peoples experience with them? They have a preset temp/humidity, a place to put water in without opening the incubator and a turner, plus a big window at the top to watch the hatch. The only thing I saw that I think could be improved would be to put some towels around the outside bottom to keep it more insulated. I am excited to try it out!
    I have used many types of incubators, the styrofoam ones, the old round metal ones and the best one was a a Lyons (?) TX6.
    So any input here would be most welcomed. :)

2. MargaretAnneHK

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    Bump...

3. MargaretAnneHK

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    I still would like to know if anyone has had experience with this particular type of incubator.

4. MargaretAnneHK

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    Thank you! I am starting my first hatch with this incubator tomorrow.

5. MargaretAnneHK

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    It ended up that I will be starting the incubation process this evening after setting up the Incuview and making sure temps were holding steady. :)

6. pgrenna81

pgrenna81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2014
    Monson,Ma
    I'm on day 19 and I'm lockdown with 11 eggs, so far alll is good and my fingers are crossed for a successful hatch during the next few days, I'll keep you posted

7. MargaretAnneHK

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    Please do!! Since yesterday this incubator has been really good on temps. I did get a little thermometer/hygrometer to put in because they say the hygrometer that comes with this isn't very reliable.
    Next month I am getting some Swedish Flower Hen eggs so I wanted to do this as a test run. I might get some other type of Scandinavian breed too.

8. MargaretAnneHK

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    So far so good and if everything has gone like I hope, chicks from this test hatch will be arriving this weekend! :)

9. MargaretAnneHK

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    I hear peeping already! Little buggers aren't supposed to hatch until Friday! So we will see...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by