1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Indian Corn ok?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by corgiscatsandchickens, Nov 29, 2011.

1. corgiscatsandchickens

corgiscatsandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Gallifrey
    I have three ears of decorative corn that I got at Kroger to hang up in the kitchen for fall. Surely no problem giving that to them for a treat, is there?

Maybe it's a dumb question, [​IMG] but I gotta ask it!

Tks

2. Wetherwell

Wetherwell Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2011
    I hope someone chimes in soon because I've been wanting to ask the same question.

We're planning on planting a bunch of stuff next year just for the girls and dh was wondering about indian corn and I told him I hadn't read anything about it yet.

If you get an answer, can you please PM me ?

3. corgiscatsandchickens

corgiscatsandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Gallifrey
    I should have done a search BEFORE I asked the question publicly. I thought to search after I posted, and yes, they can have Indian corn. Just not a ton of corn of any kind.

4. sparrker

sparrker Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Baldwinsville, NY
    I feed mine indian corn, they love it. Corn is corn is corn. popcorn, sweet corn , field corn, indian corn...if it's corn they love it on the cob or off. whole or cracked. Their gizzards will grind it up
    Patti

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by