Indian Game Bantams (Cornish Bantams)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chicka_dee, Sep 21, 2007.

1. chicka_dee

chicka_dee Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi

i was thinking about getting some indian game bantams as a duel purpose breed. can anyone tell me their experiences with
    laying
    taste/dressed size
    temperament
    fertility
    problems
    aggressiveness (towards humans, children, small dogs and small chickens lol)

thanks alot. any photos would be great too Smiley

hayley

2. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Hayley, I have some in the bantam size. My girls have been great little egg layers very consistent. Temperment Awesome the flock is my 5 year old sons flock and he shows his little rooster in Showmanship and has already won a grand championship with him. Size , they are really amazingly heavy and stout little birds. Haven't eaten any yet but I suspect they'll taste like chicken! [​IMG] LOL Fertility has been great this year with both incubator hatches and using broodies, although none of the girls have hatched there own. So not so likely to go broody. Problems they don't like to be cold!! It' s been areal problem keeping them warm last winter at temps below freezing especially when we were at -17 . The judge at our last show said she loved em but just couldn't keep them alive short of bringing them in the house in winter time. She of course gets down to -36 where she lives. I have pics but I'm on super slow dial up so me no can load [​IMG]

3. chicka_dee

chicka_dee Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    [​IMG] thanks napalongtail! that helps alot [​IMG] especially since your 5 yr old has no problems with them. i'm going to start a family soon and the last thing i need is a vicious rooster attacking the little ones. they sound pretty awesome... but now i'm down to my final decision... australorps or indian game bantams.... eep! this may take a while lol

hayley

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by