Indian Runner Info?

I love my runners! I've got 7 that are 1-2 years old. They don't care for peas (the only ducks in the world that don't) but love watermelon, cantelope, grapes, blueberries, cucumbers, and most of all tomatoes!

I just hatched out 11 more and they really love that little yellow Pro Manna ball that you can put treats in. Miss Lydia has one too and hers also love it. The love their kiddle pool and when I cut the grass I always try to get the mower to shoot the clippings in their run. They aren't even afraid of the mower!

I have a good sized garden and in the fall I'll hang a cabbage or some big cabbage leaves in their run and the love playing tether ball with it.

I love my runners! I've got 7 that are 1-2 years old. They don't care for peas (the only ducks in the world that don't) but love watermelon, cantelope, grapes, blueberries, cucumbers, and most of all tomatoes!

I just hatched out 11 more and they really love that little yellow Pro Manna ball that you can put treats in. Miss Lydia has one too and hers also love it. The love their kiddle pool and when I cut the grass I always try to get the mower to shoot the clippings in their run. They aren't even afraid of the mower!

I have a good sized garden and in the fall I'll hang a cabbage or some big cabbage leaves in their run and the love playing tether ball with it.
Wow, thanks for all of the great info. Mine, DO love peas actually. :) But I have not tried watermelon, grapes, or cantelope yet. I will go buy some tonight!! Mine are not afraid of the mower or any loud power tools either which is good as my boyfriend owns a landscaping business and always is using loud toys, lol. However they do have a nice kitty pool and a nice outdoor run. I have sand/dirt in there for them. I do have play sand in there so I hope that doesnt cause a problem. So far, its okay. I will put the grass clippings in their outdoor run next time!! :) The cabbage is a wonderful idea!!!!

Runners are awesome. They make smaller poops than pekins, and they forage alot. Mine are more skittish than my pekins and were raised by humans. Mine do sit and sleep.
Wonderful. Yes they do forage ALOT and seem to never wanna just relax, lol. However now that they have full access outside in their run all day I notice they chill more when I get home from work. :) Just want them to come and snuggle sometimes:love

Doubt you’ll get one to snuggle with out a struggle. They really don’t care to be picked up or touched either just like most poultry. But they will chill out for a while then they are up an on the move again busy busy! I love my Runners they are always doing something that makes me laugh or smile. Mealworms are a big hit here.

Doubt you’ll get one to snuggle with out a struggle. They really don’t care to be picked up or touched either just like most poultry. But they will chill out for a while then they are up an on the move again busy busy! I love my Runners they are always doing something that makes me laugh or smile. Mealworms are a big hit here.
Our male lets us snuggle him, it is odd... lol... but I love it. It is only sometimes though. You have to be sitting for him to actually sit and snuggle you. The female hates it, lol. But yes meal worms gets them to come/do anything!!!!! Thanks for your post :) :)

Back
Top Bottom