Indian Runner semi broody questions

Heiko27

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 16, 2011
I have 5 khaki campbells, 2 golden layer hybrids and one fawn and white indian runner- all hens. They have started laying and I found four eggs this morning! Usually just been getting two or 1 in the last week. I have noticed my Indian Runner- we call her Blondie, has been trying to sit in the hay in the same spot- unless she is bothered. She does eat and everything and is very shy about sitting if you are near. This morning I find three eggs in what looks like a cute little nest she made in her regular spot. Only one egg was not in her nest, I'm not assuming they are all hers of course, but it looks like she has been paying attention to any egg on the ground so I'm wondering if she rolled them to her nest? Or would the other birds pick up on the "nest" and lay there? Do you think she might be broody enough to hatch a fertile egg if I got one for her? Every time she is resting she is in her "spot." I love her!
tongue.png

Indian runners are not known for being good broodies. It is not un heard of though. You could give her fertile eggs to try to sit on. If she doesnt or leaves half way threw you could try another broody or have an incubator ready to go so that you dont lose the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom