Indian Runner to weak to stand

Louise Hill

Chirping
6 Years
May 25, 2017
I saw her eating yesterday and getting in and out of the pool but this morning she was too weak to get in by herself but she was eating like crazy when I offered her food. I put poultry vitamins and electrolytes in her water and since I didn't know what was wrong I also gave her some water with charcoal incase it was something she ate but I noticed she was breathing with her mouth open as if she was hot so I put her back into her pool and she seemed to like it better in the water. I still believe she has a problem breathing because her tail is moving up and down when she is resting like she's having some issues with breathing. Long story short ( I found out about Tylan from this site ) and I gave her an injection of Tylan 50 at 8:30 pm and put her back into the coop with the others but separated her from them with a gate. She was stressed out enough and wanted to be with her flock. I hope I did the right thing. I have 15 ducks all two years old and one year ago I lost a runner overnight and now this fear is haunting me. Millie came to me blind in one eye. I just lost a dog a few weeks ago and do not want to lose her too. I put food and vitamin water in with her overnight. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Has she been laying eggs? Any change in her laying? Is there any swelling to belly or bottom? Was there an injury to her legs that you know of? Also, sometimes when I have to seperate one I'll put another flock mate in with it to keep stress down.

Has she been laying eggs? Any change in her laying? Is there any swelling to belly or bottom? Was there an injury to her legs that you know of? Also, sometimes when I have to seperate one I'll put another flock mate in with it to keep stress down.
Yes she's been laying regularly and laid one this morning. I checked her belly and could not see anything wrong. No injury to her legs either. She is pretty close to the others in the coop but that's a really great idea. I will try putting another one with her. I have two more runners but the rest are all mixed.

She did not have diarrhea today. I gave her tylan at 8:30 pm tonight. She was eating and drinking good all day but did not eat grains. I provided her with mealworms and greens.

I would continue the vitamin supplements for support. Do you know the nutrient levels of your feed other than protein?
Not off hand but it's good stuff, I have compared it before to other brands. I also gave her niacin and some calcium just in case with some charcoal in water which she seemed to like.

Continue with lots of fresh water...Charcoal water can help if this is a toxin or botulism. But also flushes protein and nutrients too. Is her head/neck affected too or just legs?

Back
Top Bottom