Indiana, home for a full flock

joojy

Songster
14 Years
Jun 11, 2008
bloomington indiana
I am tired of missing birds. Mine are pets, 17 chickens, 3 roosters, 6 royal palms, yesterday I had 7. I would love if they could have a permanent home
3 austrolorps
2 barvelders and 2 barvelder roosters, but they don't mate together.
1 maran hen
3 salmon favoralle hens and 1 rooster, but he is blind in one eye, a also mixed favoralle rooster, he is beautiful
1 americauna
1 buff orpington
3 misc. hens, who are austrolorp and barvelder hens children, they are great layers.
4 muscovies, 2 male and 2 female, but I probably have to keep them
1 pekin female, who doesnt walk well
3 royal palm hens, 3 royal palm tom. My royal palms are sitting on a ton of eggs.
so anybody want so forever pets. my dog is getting old, I am 60, and don't want to get anymore anything
Bloomington Indiana, thanks

Would you consider splitting them up? I'm just starting out in Indy, but might be looking for 3-4 hens in the coming weeks. (I just need to get a coop together first!)

Edit: I've got a coop on order now, should be ready to get chooks in approximately a week.

Last edited:
I am tired of missing birds. Mine are pets, 17 chickens, 3 roosters, 6 royal palms, yesterday I had 7. I would love if they could have a permanent home
3 austrolorps
2 barvelders and 2 barvelder roosters, but they don't mate together.
1 maran hen
3 salmon favoralle hens and 1 rooster, but he is blind in one eye, a also mixed favoralle rooster, he is beautiful
1 americauna
1 buff orpington
3 misc. hens, who are austrolorp and barvelder hens children, they are great layers.
4 muscovies, 2 male and 2 female, but I probably have to keep them
1 pekin female, who doesnt walk well
3 royal palm hens, 3 royal palm tom. My royal palms are sitting on a ton of eggs.
so anybody want so forever pets. my dog is getting old, I am 60, and don't want to get anymore anything
Bloomington Indiana, thanks[/QUOTE

Would you consider splitting them up? I'm just starting out in Indy, but might be looking for 3-4 hens in the coming weeks. (I just need to get a coop together first!)

Edit: I've got a coop on order now, should be ready to get chooks in approximately a week.
My chickens are all about 4-6 years old but still lay. I do not know if you know Salmon favoralles, but they are very gentle, and don't mind being in a coop. I have 3 of those. They lay very small eggs. I do have some hens that are buddies that could use a home. I I'd have to think about who likes who. I have an easter egger. She is 3, but doesn't lay much. If she does, the shells are very soft.

Are you still looking to re-home your flock? Would you be willing to ship to CT? I have never dealt with shipping live birds, but if it is cheap enough I would cover the costs.

Back
Top Bottom