Status
Not open for further replies.

Schultz

CluckN'Crow Farm
11 Years
Aug 5, 2008
Indianapolis
Hello fellow BYC'ers!!

After talking to fellow BYC member addiedunn and of course DH as well, we would like to host a BYC meetup at our home. If you are interested in coming, please post how many will be attending with you and a covered dish you would like to bring. If you are bringing anything to swap, sell or donate, I encourage you to post that as well so that others can see what will be available.
This will be a pitch-in/pot-luck style family gathering and would also ask that everyone bring their own lawn chairs ( I have a lot of tables, just not a lot of chairs
hmm.png
). We have 4 acres and if anyone would like to camp over night, you are welcome to do so. We will be playing games, such as volleyball, cornhole and having an egg toss. (Any suggestions for additional games would be helpful) We have a pool but aren't sure it will be ready in time, I will keep you posted.

Ok everyone, as promised, here is our schedule for the day. I hope this is ok for everyone, feel free to PM me with ideas or suggestions. Also, feel free to come early, mingle all day and there will be areas to haggle over chickens throughtout the entire day!

Wake up until 10am-Setup
10am-11am-Sign-in/Meet & Greet
11am-12pm-Award for distance traveled and start raffles, guessing games and silent auction.
12pm-1pm-Egg Toss, Egg Relay, Coin toss and other games for prizes
1pm-3pm-Cook & Eat followed by BBQ Sauce Judging and award prize
3pm-4pm-Chicken Pinata, Face Painting and Balloon Animals
3pm-4pm-CornHole Competition and award prize
5pm-Announce Winners of raffles & silent auction items.

Saturday, August 1st, 2009
celebrate.gif

MENU
The menu isn't set in stone, please feel free to bring a dish of your choice as well, I just thought it was a good start!
Pulled BBQ Pork-Kathleen's Mom
Hotdogs & Buns-92Caddy
Hamburger & Buns-augustmomx2
Chicken Kabobs-Schultz
Potato Salad-CoopCrazy
Stuffed Jalapenos-addiedunn
Baked Beans-sueg6255
Pasta Salad- FrChuckW
Fruit Salad- Awchickens
Coleslaw-Kathleen's (Schultz) Mom
Pickled Eggs-92Caddy
Deviled Eggs-shelleyd2008
Mango Grilled Chicken Salad-asylum11
Chicken & noodles-beckt
Broccoli Cheese Casserole-messmaker
Cheesy hashbrown casserole-CoopCrazy
Cheesecake-shelleyd2008 & chicken_china_mom
Veggie Tray-HidingInTheHenHouse
Buffalo Chicken Dip-Macnugget
Carrotcake-Kathleen
Zucchini Bread-Lunawriter-CoopCrazy
Chips-justusnak
Sweet Iced Tea-Schultz
Cookie Salad-alamogirl
Yummy Rice Pudding- Carole AM
Various drinks & Waters-goobhen-CoopCrazy-augustmomx2-FrChuckW
Paper products-Lunawriter justusnak

~Next to the guests will be post numbers if what they have or are bringing. Please see their post for details! Please PM me if I missed you~
Special Guest
cool.png
Miss_Jayne
cool.png
Post 193

Tentative guest list:
Schultz-2
addiedunn-4...Post 104
Sueg6255...Post 53
92Caddy-3...Post 18 & 25
mwdh1...Post 184
mener6896-4
Attack Chicken...Post 41
lildinkem...Post 31 & 110
Carole AM...Post 40
CoopCrazy-3
babymakes5...Post 56 & 264
Indiana hens
joebryant-2
CritterBazaar
jywel417
robbobbin
Sebrightmom
Little Ameraucana Mom
augustmomx2
()relics...Post 204
FrChuckW...Post 255 & 263
Flowerpot
shelleyd2008-2...Post 287 & 289 update post 904
raneydayfarm-6
beckt-4
debakadeb-2
justusnak...post 883 & 1042
chknbrdr...Post 386
pbirdhaven-5
asylum11
joedie...Post 503
alamogirl-5
goobhen-2
Awchickens
Betsy
alamogirl
macnugget
Lunawriter-2
Fred & Jacki Hicks-3
messmaker-4
Egg_newton ...Post #972
eggdicted?
HidingInTheHenHouse-6...Post #1049
Luvin Life-2
chseeads
Zuesdude
Pandora-2
ethingtonart
Macnugget-3
kE5ranch...Post 1220

Everyone keep in mind this will be a family event and a great way to meet fellow chicken addicts!

Please fell free to bring eggs, chickens, plants, seeds or anything else you would like to swap, sell or donate!
My mom will be selling bags of fresh popcorn to benefit the American Cancer Society!

Also, if you would like to participate in the BBQ sauce competition, please PM me and I will post it here!

Nifty-Chicken has some possible prizes in store for us, check back for the announcement!

Food
I would like to be able to serve the main menu food by 2pm or 3 pm, drinks and snacks will be available all day.
Swap/sale/free items
If you are bringing swap or donation items, I would like you to be here as early as possible so that we can get those setup for everone to see.
I will be announcing raffle prizes on the first page soon, make sure to check back! Our wonderful Nifty-Chicken has graciously offered some reall cool stuff and once I have all the details, I will let you all know!
Young and Young at Heart
Miss_Jayne will be offering face painting and balloon animals!!!!
Seating
Please bring lawnchairs for you and your family, I have a lot of tables just not many chairs!
Games
Volleyball
Cornhole
Egg toss
Contest
Best BBQ Sauce-Prize
Greatest distance traveled challenge-Prize
Gifts
I have decided that anyone wanting to bring a chicken related item will be either auctioned off or if we have several items, we will hold a silent auction.
smile.png

Memories
I encourage everyone to bring a camera if you can. I will have mine and plan on taking a lot of photos. We will also have nametags so we can put a face with a name. We will have a guest sign-in area so please stop there first!
Camping
Anyone wishing to camp will have access to our restrooms and kitchen! We have 4 acres which is mostly wooded and ideal for camping. There are firepits and plenty of wood. Rob can run electricity if needed. Make sure you PM me so I know how many to expect or if you have questions.
Bio-Security
As a safety and bio-security measure, all animals must be in cages! We will provide ground covering to make sure everyone is safe. Dogs that you wish to swap are welcome but please make sure someone is interested first. All animals will have a shaded area and access to water, make sure to bring food and waterers for your pets. You may also want to make sure, in advance, your animals are free of lice and mites. For those looking to take animals home, please make sure you are prepared. Hand sanitizer will be readily avaiable to those inspecting animals.
Volunteering
Depending on the number of people attending, I may need help with organization, feel free to PM me if you would like to volunteer and thanks!!
New Announcement
I know there are quite a few dog enthusiasts out there that want to bring along their pets but I have come to the decision that it may not be best for the meetup. I am sure you all have nice friendly dogs but things happen and I would hate that it could have been prevented so I ask that you please not bring your pet dogs. This is not only for your dogs protection but for the protection of the other guests livestock. Also, everyone who brings livestock must have them in cages at all times unless your animal is being inspected. I hope you all understand that this is not a personal decision but it is a decision that would be best for everyone. I hope this doesn't keep anyone from attending, that is not my intent. I just want to have a good time and focus on our chickens!! Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions!

Mapquest:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=I...9.688356&longitude=-86.255703&geocode=ADDRESS

Last edited:
You may want to post your zip code so people will have or can get a better idea as to where you are.

Things we have done in the past at our "chicken stocks" are:

we've had chicken, plants and egg swaps/trade
silent auctions
50/50 drawings and donated the money to BYC
gift exchange

Just to name a few that I can think of right now.

I would like to come, have to wait closer time to see how work is going and dealing with my parents estate.

I'm definitely up for it, I'm thinking maybe mid July or early August. I've read on here about some of the other successful meetups, and think this would be a great opportunity to put names with faces.

We've had people from other states come also.

I would suggest that you have people bring their own drinks and maybe get everyone to bring a covered dish. Thats what worked for us in the past.

It was ALOT of fun to see people that Ive been emailing with for sooo long. Made some pretty good friends from the past ones.

Great responses! Thanks everyone! My zipcode is 46221, I am just north of Camby. I was thinking mid-July or August as well!

I will work on some of those ideas 92Caddy. Hope all goes well for you!

And this is open to anyone that wants to come, you don't have to live in Indiana!

I would like everyone to bring a covered dish if that's ok? If you don't want to cook, you can also bring napkins, paper plates, utensils. I will post on the first thread what everyone decides to bring so that we don't have duplicates!
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom