1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Indiana traders here

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by horsechick, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Hi all,
    Really thought how Glenda did the Texas traders was a great idea.
    Wanted to start one for Indiana too.
    If anyones looking or trying to find something they can post here and maybe easier to find by your state.
    Super idea glenda!
    Take care all,
    Angela

2. AnnB

AnnB New Egg

Oct 6, 2008
    I'm in East Central Indiana. I'm looking for hens or pullets. I'd like 2 White barrs and 6 Rhode Island Reds.

Thanks,

Ann

3. epona4

epona4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I'm looking to buy 5-6 pullets. I'm in central indy as well, about 20 min east of Indy.

We are still trying to figure out what breed(s) DD wants some polish bantams, but I've read they aren't reliable layers. But I might get a couple anyway.

Wanting to find some birds that would be able to give us some eggs by early spring. (or better yet, a few eggs this winter) [​IMG]

My plan is to drive to the show in Columbus, Oh on Nov 8th and find some birds there, but I wouldn't mind finding some before that!

b

4. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

I got 4 white silkies about 10-11 weeks old, and a pair of bantam barred rocks (hen is laying) im looking to sell or trade.

5. ChandlersChickens

ChandlersChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Delphos, OH
    Good idea, Angela! I'll be watching this and may be in need of trading/selling/buying as my daughter will be in 4-H in a few months.

6. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    DD wants some polish bantams, but I've read they aren't reliable layers. But I might get a couple anyway.

Hi,
    The bantams eggs will be really small. You'd have to eat double probably what you would standards size eggs. But I guess if space is an issue they'd be ok.
    We plan on going to that show as well.
    There will be one in connersville indiana, (closer to you as well) in december. They just had one and said there would be more sale birds there then.
    Maybe check it out too?
    Take care,
    Angela

7. qhluvr34

qhluvr34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Brazil, Indiana
    I am in Central Indiana. I am looking for Houdans, Turkens and Bantam Cochins. All I have to sell/trade are roosters, standard and bantam right now.

8. AWChickens

AWChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I have a batch of polish/sizzle crosses and silkie/mixed bantam chicks available. (sold)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  9. qhluvr34

qhluvr34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Brazil, Indiana
    AWChickens,
    Let me know when you are letting some Houdans go, I have a pullet but no rooster for her. Haven't had any luck finding finding any more hens or a rooster, not even any eggs. She was Reserve Champion at our Fair and would love to get chicks from her.

10. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    Anyone with Marans? I would like to buy or trade for Marans. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by