Indianapolis News Article on Chickens!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Schultz, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
  2. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

sad

3. cnj-tx50

cnj-tx50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    North of Dallas, TX
    My girls go crazy when they have to stay in the coop longer than an hour after they think it's time to go outside!! Just imagine their whole life. Very sad!

4. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Thanks for the article. [​IMG]

5. Egg_newton

Egg_newton Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    East Central Indiana
    Thank you for the article. It's so sad that people would rather make an animal's life miserable to save $0.50 on a dozen eggs. If you have to cut off a birds beak to keep it from pecking other birds because there is not enough room then there is obviously something wrong. I say happy chickens taste better and lay better tasting eggs!

6. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Great article!!! Thanks for posting.

7. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:I agree 100%. It's sad.

8. ethingtonart

ethingtonart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    indianapolis
    Thank you for posting this! The comments some of these people have made about the article are just appalling!! So I had to put my 2 cents in. Can't wait to hear what they have to say. [​IMG]

9. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, it is very sad and I am glad that there are others like us that want to show the egg/chicken industry how treating them this way should not be the norm. Our boys and girls want out as soon as day breaks. Our newly hatched chicks want out of their brooder box as soon as they can fly their little bodies up to the ledge, that's instinct, that's what they are suposed to do which should tell the egg/chicken industry that the chickens are happiest when they aren't caged!

10. Egg_newton

Egg_newton Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    East Central Indiana
    Quote:So, I had to go back and read the comments. It is so bizarre how people can have such opposing views on different animal species. If you kept dogs or cats like that you would soooo go to jail, but since chickens (cows/pigs) are "only food" who cares if they are happy or mistreated???? What a load of you-know-what!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by