Indianapolis - We just found a OEGB rooster

ethingtonart

Songster
10 Years
May 29, 2009
indianapolis
So, my husband was driving home from work yesterday and saw a rooster in the grass in front of a business near our street. We tried to catch him on three separate occasions. (Picture us with a broom and a bed sheet trying to chase a rooster out of a bush. It didn't work really good.) With the score at Rooster - 3 Us - 0 we decided to give it one more go tonight after it got dark and we finally got him!!!
wee.gif

But... we don't know what to do with him now. We are hoping to find his owner, so if you live near 34th Street and Shadeland Ave in Indianapolis and you are short a OEGB, let me know. Otherwise I might need help figuring out how to eventually integrate him into our flock.

Congrats on your find & capture! Isolate that boy in a dog crate for at least two weeks. Then allow him to free range for a couple hours before dusk. He should be happy to stick close by, exploring your area. At dusk, herd him back to his crate. He might be more than normally excited to meet your girls,after being so close and yet so out of reach. Introduce him to the girls easily, let the girls roam freely around his crate before you open his door. Be ready for a lot of excitement!

Back
Top Bottom