Indigo Flats

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by indigo flats, Feb 4, 2017.

1. indigo flats

indigo flats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2017
    Elgin South Carolina
    Ok my real name is George I am 67 been wanting to raise turkeys for a while but always put it off my granddaughters became interested in poultry so I have been helping them by keeping some chickens and guineas. Now on Dec. 16 my heart when fool on me bouncing between 30 and 180 beats a minute then just decided to stop. Well after being shocked by an AED and 6 days in the hospital I have decided to go ahead with the turkeys so both my granddaughters and me can enjoy them together. A nice gentleman on this board is going to help me get my start when the time gets right. Poultry to me is something I have always liked and I am going to take it to the next level Incubating eggs chickens and turkeys.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC George! I've seen you around, glad you introduced yourself.

Sorry to hear about your problems, I hope they don't come back. I'm sure your granddaughters love raising poultry with you! It's so nice you get to do something like that with them. [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi George, it's nice to have you here! Sorry about the heart issues but something good has come out of it...you're going to get the turkeys you've wanted for so long. That's great raising poultry is something you can share with your granddaughters, that will make a lot of good memories for everyone.

Good luck with all you plans and best wishes!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you George, We want you to be a BYC member for a long, long time. Please do everything your doctor tells you to do. We want to keep you and know your
    grand daughters and family feel the same.[​IMG]

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/693812/the-old-folks-home/59850
    [​IMG]

WELCOME!!!!

Hey go check out the old folks home. I know there are some on there that have turkeys. Bet you will get some advice if needed on there. You're not that old..nah..just a few yrs. older than me. I'm not old..not yet! But having said that..there is an old folks home..for us..ahem..a little bit elder folks. [​IMG]

Go to the link above. Introduce yourself. :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  6. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    [​IMG] I agree you are not that old and sorry about the heart problem at least you have one, even if it has to take a break once in a while[​IMG] enjoy your turkeys and grandkids

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, George, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our flock! So sorry for your health scare. I agree with D'Diva...do what your doc says! Best wishes to you and your turkeys!

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the coop! I am so glad you decided to join the flock and I hope you'll make yourself at home here! :frow

~Cuz

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under George [​IMG] Welcome!

Tell ya ticker to get it’s act together .. you have some feathered babies to raise and quality time to spend with your granddaughters!

Best wishes to you and yours .. enjoy!

I hope you also enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by