Individual state sub-forums?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by BlazeJester, Sep 28, 2011.

1. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Is it possible to make sub-forums for each state so there can be several discussions happening at once without having to try and remember what page you started on?

I keep trying to contribute to a conversation and forget what the page number is (of 700+) and never end up with a productive discussion. I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice this and I don't have the time to keep checking back every hour or so to keep my comment from disappearing into the thread abyss...

Just wondering if the forum setup allows for this and if the moderators are willing to set it up.

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I have the same experience.

3. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Any thoughts from forum moderators? Bueller? ..... Bueller? ........

4. mamadukes5

mamadukes5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Easthampton, Mass
    I'm in Massachusetts, and I know that there is a western Mass thread, a west of Boston thread, a quietly in Pittsfield thread, a southeast/Cape Cod thread and one for all of Massachusetts that I have found. Since I'm in Western Mass, talking to folks on the Cape or in Boston doesn't help me too much, so I mostly try to chat with the people who are close to me. Not much talking going on in a couple of them, but they are all open and we're able to talk, so I don't imagine that having a sub-forum for your state would be a bad thing. Don't know if that helps, but I scrolled through 39 pages on the Where am I? index page before I found anyone in my state, so thought I'd mention it.

5. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
  6. BCchick

BCchick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2011
    I think individual state subforums would be great!

7. cassidy22

cassidy22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Front Range - Colorado
    I agree with BCchick, but am not aware of how much work that would be for the admins... If they have time it would be GREAT!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by