Indoor Chick fun

WaldensRidge

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 28, 2011
Red Bank, TN
We moved the chicks inside on Friday with the weatherman threatening cold overnight temps. My daughter loves chillin with the peeps. So we took a few pics on Sunday morning and I thought I'd share.

that chick brooder box is cool lookn i like it wish i had it is tht made from old window frames it looks like it did you just gather up some old window frames & screw them together or did u supper glue them together
lol.png
again that is a cool little chick box
thumbsup.gif

That looks so warm and cozy! I wish I could bring ALL of mine in the house with me! (Your daughter is just adorable!)

Thanks guys, too kind. I had this brooder idea in my head for along time and was happy with the "finished" product. Little Mia (and Mom & Dad) just love watching the Chicken aquarium in the evenings
tongue.png
. As for construction I just used a brad nailer to attached the windows, did a plywood bottom and mounted the box on 2 6x6 tracks to add weight & height. These windows will be used in the coop once the build out gets going.......

Have a great day!

♥LOVEThis!! Your baby is precious and very nice photography as well. You really should keep your brooder inside. That way, your baby can watch, cuddle, love and interact with the peeps! Chickens and kids go together like a horse and carriage!! I love your brooder. What a great use for old windows!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom