Indoor Chickens?????

BarredRockMommy

Songster
Mar 6, 2017
Does anyone have an indoor chicken? If so, I have a few questions.

1.) Do they smell bad? How often do you deep clean the cage?
2.) What do they live in(Dog Crate, Aviary, ect)?
3.) Do you use Diapers?
4.) How often do they need to be outdoors?
5.) How long do you have to spend with the everyday?
6.) Is there any specific brand of food that you suggest for indoor chickens?

My 1 year old Lakenvelder, Lightning, is coming indoors as soon as the mites are officially gone. She is getting bullied by everyone of our chickens, even our Silkie. I have a huge dog crate that our Great Dane used to be in, plus a fenced in area around it and a ladder leading to the top of the cage that is closed in also, which also leads to the top of my dresser. It is covered in newspaper, and has a nesting box and perch in it. It also has toys, a hidey house, and will be putting a digging/bathing box in their too. She will also free range in my room during the day and at night she will be "kenneled". Also, she will be taken outdoors alot to eat grass. If you have any tips or suggestions please let me know.

I know you are not asking, and my comments may not be welcome. But, if you intend to keep her in your bedroom, you run a very real risk of picking up a life long respiratory aliment that could affect your breathing for the rest of your life.

if u insist on her bein inside i wont put dust box there chicken are dusty dusty by themselves if us add dirt your room will be cover in dust

see if sombody take her an let her live with another nice family

Back
Top Bottom