Indoor Dog People....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Oct 11, 2009.

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    How often do you let your dog out? Do you actually walk him/her or just open the door and let 'em run?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] My girl goes out with my dh in the mornings to start his car.

Then goes out with my son to open the chickens.

I take her out to play ball at around 10am.

Then after lunch she goes out again and once more in the afternoon. (around 3)

Then she comes out to do chores with us at 5pm, and again at 7:30 to close the chickens.

Twice more after that before bed.

[​IMG]

3. luvmychickas

luvmychickas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I have 4 dogs, bernese mountain dog, sheltie, standard poodle and lab mix. They go out whenever I get up in the morning. In weather like this, my berner LOVES to just lay outside. They come out with me every time I visit the chickens, since I am on vacation is atleast hourly for the next week [​IMG] They all LOVE to run and constantly be out in this weather [​IMG] I have 2 acres of land and woods all around, so they have plenty of room to run and boy can my poodle run!! [​IMG]

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

My 4 pugs have a doggy door to fenced acreage. But the younger 2 poop in the house at nigh..... Afraid of the dark I guess?

5. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Our 2 Cocker Spaniels go out when we first get up in the morning, around 6 a.m on the average, then when I go home for lunch around 1 pm., then when I get home from work around 4 pm, then after supper, around 6 pm then before bed around 9-10 pm.
    If I get up during the night, usually around 2 pm I let them out then too.

6. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    Depends on the day and the weather. apparently rain is dog acid [​IMG]..

but on average at least 4 times a day!

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I work from home- these two big dogs go in and out all day and night! SRD's- spoiled rotten dogs!

When I was still working in the office? The Lab went to work with me every day. Understanding boss LOVES the boy!

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    We take the puppy out to potty at least six times a day. He's housebroken, but we keep to his original schedule - first thing in the morning, after his two meals, before naptime in the afternoon, after naptime and right before bed.
    We (I) also take him out in our fenced yard for fetch or frisbee playing twice a day and take him for two one-mile walks around the farm a day, unless it's raining really hard.

9. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I have a doggy door, so I have no idea how often my dogs go out. They let themselves in and out as they want.

I used to walk them but there is no leash law and some of the roaming dogs frightened me.

Let me say this: Doggy Doors are the bomb! My dogs go outside in the middle of the night and watch over my yard and then come back in and watch my house. I am still warm and toasty in my bed. [​IMG]

I voted 6 times but I don't actually let my dogs out.

10. Luna_Chick66

Luna_Chick66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    NE Pennsylvania
    My dogs have a big fenced in dogyard attached to the back porch... they are usually on the back porch all day unless they are pestering me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by