Indoor Hospital Chicken Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chick named Lola, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    I've had a sick hen for a bit now and wanted to share Lola's set up with you. She wanted to perch on something so bad, the only piece of wood I could find was a sign that says FRESH EGGS of all things. Anyway, turned it upside down as it also has a plaster chicken on it...anyway notice the Bumble Bee Tuna can it's balancing on the toilet with!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Kara515

Kara515 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Southeast Missouri
    Awe!! How sweet!!! What a good chicken mommy!!

3. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    Haha you are very commited to that bird! My mom wouldn't let me have one of the chickens in the house unless if they are babies, or I am holding them.

4. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    um. Is that the only toilet in your house?

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

That's clever - and very understanding of you! You are obviously as close to your feathered "kids" as am I. I do love the buddy in the pet carrier you've provided to keep her company.
    [​IMG]

6. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    Too funny, no we have two others. This is in the guest/craft room no one really uses. As you can see, I also use this bathroom as storage! The shower is sooo small you knock your elbows on the walls when you wash your hair so the shower is like a closet now.

She does like her little stuffed chicken I stole from my dog to keep her company...you know someone to snuggle with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by