Indoor/Outdoor Thermo-Hygrometer for Coop - So cool!

GermanChick

Songster
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
NW Missouri
I bought one of those things for my son's room to check on the Humidity since he has allergies and then bought a second unit that I put in the chicken coop. Now at one glance at the main unit in my kitchen I can check how warm it is in the chicken coop and also see the humidity. Soooooo cool !!! I think it will be a great help during the winter, since our coop is not insulated and I really want to see how good it will keep warm. The thing was only 25 Dollars so I think it is worth it to give it a try. So much fun to keep "track" on the ladies
wink.png

Got it at Amazon (Honeywell TM005x Wireless Indoor/outddor Thermo-Hygrometer). It comes with a base station and one remote unit but you can add up to 3 remote units. I like it a lot. Works great for me. I can check upstairs in my sons room, the kitchen and of course the girls. I have one channel left...... have to think about where else to put one
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I used one similar to yours for my brooder, which I kept outside last winter (it's mild here). The inside unit had a laser-like projector that projected the temperature onto the ceiling and I could look up from my bed to monitor them. It was nice and kept me from having to constantly check on them.

I have one and I'm constantly checking it! LOL I have another one down in the coop and another one right outside (it's an Accurite) so it will tell me the humidity, the indoor temp and the outdoor temp. The one with the remote thing was about $40 and it's got a range of 200+ feet. My coop is pretty far away from our house.

Yes, I had one of those lying around when I first got chickens and realized I could use it to keep track of the temperature in my brooder. I put the sensor in the brooder and the receiver next to my bed. When I first got our chicks, I kept waking up in the night to check on the temp to reassure myself all was well.

Then all of a sudden I started noticing the temp spiking in the brooder. Up to 104...105! I'd leap out of bed and go adjust the lamp. Then when I checked it again the next time I woke up and it would be too low...out of bed again. Finally I figured out that the chicks were roosting on the sensor and that was what was making the temp spike!

Back
Top Bottom