Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer with humidity

Rick&Chris

Songster
Aug 15, 2018
Southeast PA (Bucks County)
What are you all using for a multi-sensor Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer with humidity? I’d like one that also has phone access/readings - but don’t want to spend too much $$ :)

I found an acu-rite that is very nice, but it doesn’t have phone access unless you spend an additional $129.

Thanks!!!

ChickenCanoe

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Nov 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I use one of those accu-rite ones just to track temps in the coop.
The humidity part failed shortly after I bought it. For a while it read 55% no matter whether the actual humidity ranged from 30-100%. I just checked it and now it reads 19% even though it is 85% out there. The temp is fairly close but assume the humidity is wrong.
For $130 you could get really good quality by avoiding acu-rite.
This is a great source.
https://www.thermoworks.com/

Chad Oftedal

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Dec 29, 2017
Woodinville, WA
My Coop
My Coop
I'm using a SensorPush in mine. I really like it a lot. The sensors are $49 each and connect to your phone via Bluetooth. There is an option to get a SensorPush gateway, and if you do that, your sensor will get read by the gateway device and then push the data to an account that you can access anywhere via internet. For my purposes, this gateway was more than I needed. Since I usually make a couple trips to the coop each day, my phone automatically syncs to the sensor whenever I am in range, and the data is downloaded. If I want to see how the readings have been for the day, I can look at my app anytime.

The sensor itself is just a small 1" block. I set it up on one of the rafters inside the coop. I may pick up another one and put it outside the coop somewhere just so I can have both temps monitored, but for the first one, I thought the inside was the most important. If I ever had to fix anything, it'd be in the inside space that I could control, not the "world" space on the outside of the coop!

It's super simple to set up, and the iOS app has been flawless for me. You can go for weeks/months at a time and the sensor will store the readings until the next time you are in range and it can sync.

The app gives you some different graph views, and you can even choose to export the raw data to a .csv file and from there, your options would be pretty much limitless depending on what you wanted to do. You can also set alerts so if temp or humidity go beyond the thresholds that you set, you'll be notified on your phone. You probably need the gateway to make that real time practical. My weather here is not so extreme that I felt that I needed it but I'm sure others might find it useful. Come to think of it, I might just watch to see if the gateway piece goes on sale during Black Friday/CyberMonday. If so, it might be fun to pick up just to have, we'll see.

Anyway, it easily exceeds all the needs that I have for what I want to do, and it has been a "set and forget" piece of equipment for me.

Here's some graphs from mine:
day.png home.png week.png month.png

Rick&Chris

Songster
Aug 15, 2018
Southeast PA (Bucks County)
I'm using a SensorPush in mine. I really like it a lot. The sensors are $49 each and connect to your phone via Bluetooth. There is an option to get a SensorPush gateway, and if you do that, your sensor will get read by the gateway device and then push the data to an account that you can access anywhere via internet. For my purposes, this gateway was more than I needed. Since I usually make a couple trips to the coop each day, my phone automatically syncs to the sensor whenever I am in range, and the data is downloaded. If I want to see how the readings have been for the day, I can look at my app anytime.

The sensor itself is just a small 1" block. I set it up on one of the rafters inside the coop. I may pick up another one and put it outside the coop somewhere just so I can have both temps monitored, but for the first one, I thought the inside was the most important. If I ever had to fix anything, it'd be in the inside space that I could control, not the "world" space on the outside of the coop!

It's super simple to set up, and the iOS app has been flawless for me. You can go for weeks/months at a time and the sensor will store the readings until the next time you are in range and it can sync.

The app gives you some different graph views, and you can even choose to export the raw data to a .csv file and from there, your options would be pretty much limitless depending on what you wanted to do. You can also set alerts so if temp or humidity go beyond the thresholds that you set, you'll be notified on your phone. You probably need the gateway to make that real time practical. My weather here is not so extreme that I felt that I needed it but I'm sure others might find it useful. Come to think of it, I might just watch to see if the gateway piece goes on sale during Black Friday/CyberMonday. If so, it might be fun to pick up just to have, we'll see.

Anyway, it easily exceeds all the needs that I have for what I want to do, and it has been a "set and forget" piece of equipment for me.

Here's some graphs from mine:
View attachment 1592311 View attachment 1592312 View attachment 1592313 View attachment 1592314

Thank you!!! I’ll check it out!

Top Bottom