Indoor pepper plant: leaves turning yellow midseason?

Ivy99

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2015
I raised this pepper plant from seed in January and now that it is happily producing peppers on my windowsill in perfectly good potting soil, its leaves are turning yellow and falling of, no matter how much I water it, or stop watering it. I fed it some bat guano fertilizer about two weeks ago, but no matter what I do it seems determined to waste away.

Good point. I it root bound?

For me the biggest problem with growing things in containers is getting the moisture level right. It’s really easy to overwater and sometimes it is hard to get it to dry out when I do. I don’t grow much in containers. If it grew since January you probably did pretty well with this.

Over-fertilizing can cause that problem too. I think you probably fertilized in response to this problem so that is not likely a cause.

I’m guessing root bound.

Over fertilizing, not fertilizing enough, too dry, too wet. Over time salts build up in the soil from hard water. I think that soil just gets "worn out" in a container. I'm not a fan of container gardening, finding it to be far more difficult than growing stuff in the soil. The only container gardening I do is occasionally: a pot of herbs, radish, and lettuce on the deck. Great way to have instant gratification for sandwiches and easy salads.

Back
Top Bottom