Ineed hatching help FAST!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Imheavenbound, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Imheavenbound

Imheavenbound New Egg

Mar 4, 2017
    I have a bunch of eggs hatching but all the chicks are drying up after pipping and removing part of their shells. My temp is at 99 and my humidty is 60. I even upped humidity to 67 at times but these little fellows are pipping, taking part of their shell off and then the membrane is drying, turning brown and causing the chick to die.
    I don't know what to do! So many are dying. I've helped a few and they have lived but this is terrible and I can't figure out what is wrong. How in the world can they be drying so badly with high humidity?
    Any help, please email me at [email protected] immediately.
    I have quite a few more with pips in them and I know the same thing will happen.

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    You could help them out or wet the membrane with a wet q -tip.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  3. flytie

flytie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2013
    New Jersey
    I've never hatched anything myself, but many of the threads I have read have the humidity up to 75. I hope that by posting, I am also bumping this for more people with actual experience to see!

4. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Somtimes its hard to get to 75%. You can mist the inside of the incubator with warm (100ยบ) water . Or help thm. If they are already getting stuck you need to act fast.

5. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    it probably keeps dropping because you keep opening it, get it up to 75%,

any time you open it, it sucks out warm moist air, you need to make sure to throw a wet paper towel into it

6. Imheavenbound

Imheavenbound New Egg

Mar 4, 2017
    I have been putting a wet paper towel with warm water vewy time I've had to open it. I've been waiting as long as I dare before opening it but it has been quite a few times today. I have 3 containers of water in there and wet towels. How else should I raise humidity?

7. DwayneNLiz

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    what kind of incubator?

8. Imheavenbound

Imheavenbound New Egg

Mar 4, 2017
    It's a cabinet type...wood outside, 3 turning trays and a hatching area in bottom

9. DwayneNLiz

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    could add a fish tank bubbler or drape a rag out of the bowl, the more surface area the higher the humidity

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by