Inexpensive Hatcheries for Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bullitt, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    Which are the most inexpensive hatcheries to buy about 15 standard ducks, such as Rouen, Peking, etc?

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Metzers, good healthy stock, all they do is waterfowl.

3. ducksinarow

ducksinarow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Schlecht Hatchery $2.75 - $3.50 per duckling unsexed. Surplus ducklings just $2. Have not seen any other hatchery near that.

4. lovesgliders

lovesgliders Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Maine
    I like Ideal's prices and they have always been the fastest to ship for me, too. There seem to be a lot of negative reviews floating around on the internet about them but both of my orders have been gorgeous and perfect.

5. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    Wow! I looked at the Schlecht Hatchery website http://schlechthatchery.com/ and they not only offer surplus ducks at $2 each, they also offer surplus straight run chicks at $1 each (usually three or more varieties). And the shipping is the same all the way up to 50 birds. I also like that it is a family-owned business.

My father asked me to find him a hatchery that sells inexpensive ducks. I am going to suggest that he buy 25 surplus ducks and 25 surplus chicks from Schlecht Hatchery.

For the 50 birds with shipping, that would be $92, or $1.84 a bird. That is a fantastic deal. Especially since ducklings at most hatcheries seem to sell for at least $3.50 each, before shipping is added on.

Thanks, Ducksinarow. You are living up to your handle. [​IMG]

6. ducksinarow

ducksinarow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Thank you, I was looking last spring and found them. They seem to have very good reviews. I really could not buy the eggs and hatch them any cheaper. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by