Inexpensive Pallet Coop *PICS*

Lark Rise

Songster
9 Years
Jan 22, 2011
East Central Georgia
Here is the cheap pallet (plus scrap and a few pieces of new lumber) coop DH built for 10 chickens. He put in a screened bottom so that droppings could be easily collected for our compost bins. It's still a work-in-progress. These are pics before the roof was put on. Working on the run now!

pinkwindsong

Songster
8 Years
Mar 18, 2011
Laurens SC
very nice I wondered if they could be used... I wish I knew more.. I really wish there were adult shop classes for women .. I really need to learn how to do things around the house and how to build things and use power tools..

blessed be )O(
Pink

ShanCarl1971

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
pinkwindsong......You can absolutely take classes!!! Almost all technical schools have them. (around here anyway) But, you can also find a lot of how-to videos on you tube...... find a cheap project and watch some videos and give it a try. (maybe a birdhouse or birdfeeder, anything small and easy) Every little thing you do builds your knowledge and your confidence! You just keep getting bigger with your projects. It's not as hard as you think. There are also lots of books that are very helpful. The "for Dummies" series is really good for just about anything. I learned a lot from the ones I have. Actually getting your hands on a project and seeing the steps in action is priceless for learning!!

egyptchick

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 4, 2011
Ontario
My husband keeps trying to come up with projects to use pallets. if i let him he would buold my house out of pallets.

As for learningto build, do it. suggestions buy your own basic tools so you partner cant complain. find a woodworker or builder in your group of freinds or family and ask them to include you in a project. i personally stoped waiting around for things to get done and did them. it mightnot always be exact but nothing has fallen down so far.

Lark Rise

Songster
9 Years
Jan 22, 2011
East Central Georgia
Here's what it looks like inside the coop (looking through the nest boxes which are in the back). The screened panel on the right is hinged so it can be opened for cleaning the inside of the coop. I'll get more pics when the run is complete.

Top Bottom