1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Inexpensive source of GroGel?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SebrightLover, Dec 4, 2007.

1. SebrightLover

SebrightLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    I would love to get some in case I'm successful with the button quail incubating, btu am having a hard time finding a source that doesn't require a minimum order, or shipping costs shove the cost above $15 for the 100 dose package.

Any suggestions?

Also, do quail get MD? How many small flock breeders actually vaccinate their own hatched chicks for MD?

2. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    i'm pretty sure i got my gro-gel from qc supply...... i ordered it along with some vitamin/electrolyte solution for their water. i can't remember now how much it was, but i shopped around and got the best deal from them. hope that helps!

edited to add:

after looking, i'm fairly certain i got my stuff from them. [​IMG]

http://www.qcsupply.com/Products/9974.aspx

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  3. SebrightLover

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    thanks, I thought they were the best deal I could find too ... just don't know if its worth the delivery charge if I only order the grogel

4. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I use the vitamin/electrolytes liquid that you put in their water and I also put the chick starter in the blender and blend it to a fine powder for the first couple of days and it works great.

jackie

5. SebrightLover

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    thanks ... I was thinking more of using it to help prevent drowning of my button quail chicks if I ever hatch any. My eggs were shipped too long ago to hatch if I ever get them now! Dern post office! Shipped to me priority mail on Nov 27TH!!!

6. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    now that i think about it, i'm not sure if i got mine from cutler or qc.... you should email them and ask for sure what the shipping would be - some of their auto-shipping calculators are too high and actual shipping ends up less. [​IMG]

poor little button quail eggies! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by