Infected leg?

Tgmcr

Chirping
Jul 29, 2019
I posted a little while back about a hen who I thought had a broken leg. I don’t believe that is the case now. She had a dark amber colored rash start to show on her leg and I did discover a couple mites. She has been getting her legs soaked every day as well as putting Vaseline on them. The scales have started to peel off where the rash is, and underneath there is pus. She is still eating and drinking but will not put that leg down at all.
Should I give her some antibiotics? Is there anything I could get her right at tractor supply? I don’t have anything on hand.

I posted a little while back about a hen who I thought had a broken leg. I don’t believe that is the case now. She had a dark amber colored rash start to show on her leg and I did discover a couple mites. She has been getting her legs soaked every day as well as putting Vaseline on them. The scales have started to peel off where the rash is, and underneath there is pus. She is still eating and drinking but will not put that leg down at all.
Should I give her some antibiotics? Is there anything I could get her right at tractor supply? I don’t have anything on hand.
hmm puss is bad, maybe give her a dose and see if it helps

Back
Top Bottom