Infected, swollen snood

booch

Chirping
10 Years
Nov 3, 2010
Hi, our breeder Narragansett tom has developed a swollen snood. It permananely juts out like a huge proboscos, and is a little black and blue, although not much. He's been in a lot of fights with the jakes that are now mature. Any ideas on what it is, and what we can do for him? He does appear to be eating and otherwise healthy.

Thanks for any info,
Paul

I'm not sure if I can be much help here, but I'll try. If he is acting 'normal' keep your eyes on him for now. You didn't say how long this has been like this. If it is a short time, chances are it will heal on it's own and no intervention is required. If it has been there for a long time, weeks after the fighting, I would think about a Vet if you have one.

See if you can look at it closely and make sure there is no infection brewing. It may just be bruising. I am no expert! This is the second time I have raised turkeys with 16 years in between. I hope someone with a lot more experience than I have will answer and give you better and more helpful answers.

I'm not sure if I can be much help here, but I'll try. If he is acting 'normal' keep your eyes on him for now. You didn't say how long this has been like this. If it is a short time, chances are it will heal on it's own and no intervention is required. If it has been there for a long time, weeks after the fighting, I would think about a Vet if you have one.

See if you can look at it closely and make sure there is no infection brewing. It may just be bruising. I am no expert! This is the second time I have raised turkeys with 16 years in between. I hope someone with a lot more experience than I have will answer and give you better and more helpful answers.

2x

Back
Top Bottom