One of our girls seems to have infectious bronchitis or something similar. I separated her from the flock as soon as I noticed she wasn't well and the others have so far shown no symptoms at all, but everything I've read suggests that it's VERY infectious and they will all get it. She's in a very small separate coop/run in our side yard (the main coop with the other girls is in the back yard) and we're keeping her warm, quiet and relatively stress free and although she's not getting any better she's also not getting any worse. It's been four or five days now. Her tail is down, she's crowing/coughing regularly throughout the day, doing "pump handle" breathing and it's obviously hard work for her as her body heaves with each breath and she has her beak open a lot, there's a definite rattle when she breathes and she's stopped laying eggs. Her last few eggs had calcium deposits and rough shells. On the bright side, She has no watery discharge from eyes or nose, she's still up and about a bit during the day, walking slowly and pecking at the ground from time to time. She has fresh water and feed in the coop (which is sitting on a nice lush patch of lawn so she has greens as well) and I've been offering her scrambled eggs and cooked oats as well. She has a peck at any new food that comes in but doesn't really eat it. I haven't seen her eating or drinking much at at all. Her poop is very watery and seems to be just undigested grass. I assumed she would quickly get worse until she died (especially considering she's not eating or drinking), but she's still hanging in there after four or five days. If she recovers, will she still be a carrier and have to stay away from the rest of the flock (assuming they don't get ill)? If she's not going to die from it, can anyone give me some idea of how long she might take to recover? If she was really suffering with no hope of recovery or was always going to be contagious to the rest of the flock then I'd euthanase her, but since I don't know what she actually has and she is still moving about then I'm reluctant to make that decision. Can anyone offer some advice/experience of this?