1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Inflatable Christmas (or other holiday) yard decor

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Carols Clucks, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    I know a few of you all love them,

But WHY? I don't get it, one friends front yard looks like a nylon massacre during the day (and a tacky Home Depot display at night-he works there and I think got a deal on one or 10 of everything they sell)

I don't get it.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:We have a guy across the street that has a huge inflatable Santa on a Harley. It always starts out ok, but tonight we came home and it had a fender bender big time. Hello!!!! We live in the desert!!! It's odd when the wind is NOT blowing.

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    There are several people around here who have those things. Every time I see them they have either semi or completely deflated. I was in Walmart today and saw some of the same ones... $69 and $89! Personally I think it's a waste of money on something that is constantly deflating... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  4. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    [​IMG]
    hey I'm just trying to get over the fact that businesses here in MO can put out manger scenes... where I moved from you just KNOW someone would be offended and get their lawyers out...
    so this year, I'm all good with it... nylon, inflatable, plastic, wood cutouts, wire frame covered in twinkly lights... people doing their christmas thing without lawsuits. [​IMG]

maybe next year the blow up ones will bother me, but this year, it's all good! [​IMG]

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    [​IMG] just don't like them - ugly and creepy

6. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    A neighbor at my previous home had 150 inflatables*, a herd of light up reindeer, a train that RAN ON TRACKS through the whole inflatable, light up village, a giant Santa & sleigh & reindeer team on the roof, every INCH of his ornate, gigantic barbie mansion covered in multiple lights, icicles, and a stereo blasting carols from 10 a.m. - 10 pm. EVERY DAY FROM THANKSGIVING DAY ON.
    My street was a traffic jam of people from surrounding towns coming to point & laugh at all of us frazzled neighbors living around him.

*This is an EXACT number. He was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of his collection.

** This is the same neighbor who got the woman whose property adjoined mine & whose home was swaddled in a 3 story high privacy fence to have to get rid of her 4 chickens due to "noise & neighborhood disturbance". And, a HUGE reason why I moved in June.

7. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    m.kitchengirl :

A neighbor at my previous home had 150 inflatables*, a herd of light up reindeer, a train that RAN ON TRACKS through the whole inflatable, light up village, a giant Santa & sleigh & reindeer team on the roof, every INCH of his ornate, gigantic barbie mansion covered in multiple lights, icicles, and a stereo blasting carols from 10 a.m. - 10 pm. EVERY DAY FROM THANKSGIVING DAY ON.
    My street was a traffic jam of people from surrounding towns coming to point & laugh at all of us frazzled neighbors living around him.

*This is an EXACT number. He was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of his collection.

** This is the same neighbor who got the woman whose property adjoined mine & whose home was swaddled in a 3 story high privacy fence to have to get rid of her 4 chickens due to "noise & neighborhood disturbance". And, a HUGE reason why I moved in June.

Oh Man!! talk about the pot calling the kettle black...what did he think he did for months on end??​

8. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    I think they are really tacky (and kinda creepy)...I dont understand why you would want to spend the money on something like that when you can buy something more beneficial...like more birds or something [​IMG]

9. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I'm all good with it... nylon, inflatable, plastic, wood cutouts, wire frame covered in twinkly lights... people doing their christmas thing without lawsuits.

I'm with zzgypsy on this one. Besides....[​IMG] in this weeks Kmart ad they have a wire lighted pig with antlers that would look lovely in front of the barn. [​IMG]

10. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    No, I personally do not care for the inflatable decorations many
    of our neighbors have. But I don't let it bother me. It's their yard.

The only inflatable we have is a big monster archway used for our
    halloween entrance. It has a purpose.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by